Sander and Grzegorz managed to understand how the La Crosse WS-36001 weather station communicates over its serial port. They launched the Open3600 project and have a program for Linux and Windows (with source code) that dumps the contents of the memory.
Hat tip to them, it looks like the protocol is quite unorthodox.
- dump3600: a program that reads the memory of the WS-3600;
- Available as source code and binary for Linux and Window. Compiles on Mac OS X 10.4 (but not tested yet);
- Communicates over the serial port2;
- Works without requiring the Heavy Weather program or its
- They now need help with the investigation of the memory map.