« Security Awareness | Main | How can you expect to be taken seriously? »

Géant !

I just updated Movable Type to 3.17 and noticed that I don’t need one of my hacks anymore. I had modified dirify in Util.pm to convert two-byte UTF-8 characters to their unaccented equivalent. It allowed nicer URLs to entries with accented characters in their title like, for this one, ‘geant.html’ instead of ‘gant.html’.

Movable Type 3.17 implements this very similarly to how I did it. Moreover, it examines the PublishCharset configuration variable to determine how dirify should behave (which I didn’t, it was a hack). The only catch is that it’s case sensitive. PublishCharset must be set to utf-8 (and not UTF-8) for it to work, so check your mt.cfg.

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://ithink.ch/blog/tb.cgi/120.

Make sure JavaScript is enabled before using this URL. If you would like to ping my blog but can't, please do send me an e-mail at os3476 at this domain.

Post a comment

Make sure JavaScript is enabled before posting a comment. If you would like to post a comment but can't, please do send me an e-mail at os3476 at this domain.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Coding Ninjas, for they are subtle and quick to anger.